Title: Senior lead DevOps Engineer, Smart TV Data Platform
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: VDI (Visual Display Intelligence)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation.
The VD intelligence lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services. We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services. We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer, who will focus on driving various DevOps initiatives. This would include CI / CD, site reliability including maturing DevOps designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. Our ideal candidate should have worked in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments leveraging services beyond basic IaaS provisioning.
You will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain
global cloud infrastructure responsible for collecting, processing and distributing data from Samsung Smart TVs powering a variety of products, like Samsung Ads / Analytics, to improving the TV viewing experience through content recommendations and context awareness. The successful candidate must demonstrate mastery of AWS Products, high availability systems, with good communication and coordination skills to interface with cross functional teams distributed globally.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production and staging AWS environments and ensure ongoing support
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contribute to their overall design
- Work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of multi-environment systems
- Serve in on-call rotations as an escalation contact for critical production issues
- DevOps training and preparation of concise training materials.
- B.S. or above, in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as an Engineer with an ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the cloud services like AWS
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure based on Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years managing a team of DevOps engineers across global locations
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning pipelines
- Experience supporting mission critical production applications
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection/analysis, version control systems like Git or Stash
- Experience with automation tools like Maven, Puppet, Chef, AWS CloudFormation etc.
- Expert in at least one of these languages - Shell, Python, GoLang
- Knowledge on different deployment strategies like blue-green deployments
- Ability to automate AWS deployments and train others
- Experience with Database Administration, schema design, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.