Senior Software Engineer – Build and Release Systems
Location: Campbell, CA
STAR Labs (Samsung Technology & Advanced Research Labs) is headed by Pranav Mistry with a mission to undertake independent initiatives to create end-to-end new businesses and expand growth areas for Samsung. At STAR Labs, we are building new immersive and intelligent services that is making science fiction a reality. STAR Labs consists of best of the best from domains such as computer science, business strategy, engineering, design; and diverse set of experiences from places like MIT, Stanford, Oxford, CMU, Nasa, Google, Microsoft and many more. NEON is a venture from STAR Labs (http://neon.life)
The team builds upon their outstanding track record of creating products that have real-world impact at global scale. We are rapidly expanding and is looking for the best to join and help us build foundation for our next magical technology stack. We value our differences and are excited to learn what you can add to STAR Labs.
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product, infrastructure, strategy, and engineering.
- Mentor, learn and share knowledge with others along the way.
- Have impact and have fun
- Working outside your comfort zone
- Work as part of the development team to support the current environment and tools as well as work to move the team forward as we embrace the CI-CD journey.
- Support the software defined infrastructure environment, configuration, and build scripts. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues in our dev, test, and production environments.
- BS, MS or PhD from leading university in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise with various consumer and enterprise operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android) operating at scale.
- Create and develop systems using CMake and improve CI build pipeline
- Monitoring, maintenance, and operation of a production environment
- Troubleshoot server hardware issues
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle elements such as build/test/deploy.
- Experience administering or maintaining CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Bamboo, DevOps, Gitlab, for large-scale operations.
- Experience managing source-code repositories utilizing git (Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc.)
- Ability to write simple, to moderately complex, scripts and programs for automation, tools, frameworks, dashboards, alarms. (common uses: Python, Go)
- Ability to document process/procedures, perform code-review for quality and adherence to company style guides
- Experience of AWS based CI & DevOps is a major plus
- Prior Sys Admin experience, Virtualization knowledge/experience, Containers experience a plus, (Docker) is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.