Remote solves the world’s biggest remote employment problem. That is: How to hire anyone from anywhere, compliantly. Through our extensive (and growing) international network and suite of products, we are making it possible for every company to hire people in every country. Both as contractors, and also as fully legal, local employees, with all the benefits that come with that.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as Director of Global Operations.
As an inspiring leader, a dynamic, engaging and energetic professional, the Director of Global operations will own the planning, implementing and overseeing of our company's daily operations. As this function is crucial for the success of our business, we want you to have a strong sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Planning, implementing and managing the overall long-term Global Operations strategy
- Manage our high performing Global operations team with expertise in all different processes of the Employee Journey
- Be a content expert and a go to person for multiple interfaces as to in-country partners to internal teams
- Lead process improvements to ensure scalability, accuracy and data integrity
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for Global Operations department
- Remain up to date with international labour laws/regulations
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the Global Operations
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serves as their key point of contact. Owns budgets and negotiations with external partners.
- Identify automation opportunities
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself as an experienced international People Ops specialist, who is astute in employee payroll, employee benefits, and employment statutory compliance in every country that we operate in. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are operational in.
- + 3 years of experience as Director of People Operations or similar position
- Good To Have: Background in Labor regulations, Payroll or Compensation and Benefits
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Confident working independently and acting as a trusted advisor
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A good salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: VP of International Expansion and People
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Submit your application.
- As the headline: "Application Director of GO"
- Your CV as a PDF
- A short (at most a single page) cover letter in the text area provided
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP of International Expansion and People
- Interview with CEO
- Reference calls