Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Product Designer, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. A Senior Product Designer's job is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life with a deep knowledge of working within a diverse team (design, engineering, and product management)—taking responsibility for the entire design process from initial research, ideation, conceptualization, and design, to testing and validation.
What this job can offer you
- Take ownership of strategic design and user-experience decisions, and pioneer new functions and features that solve our user’s problems.
- Join a close knit group inside Remote, serving a critical part of the product for our customers.
- Work in a user-centered way, to discover, define, rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Work in cross-collaborative teams with product and engineering to implement new features and iteration - learning rapidly from seeing your work in the real world.
- Join a supportive design practice where you will help further increase the design team’s level of ux maturity.
What you bring
- An advanced level of product design experience. You effectively translate user needs and business goals into design solutions.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, fintech or HR tech experience is a big plus for this position.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interaction design and UI design, displaying a deep understanding of the product design process
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying UX methodologies including user research and insights to your design.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration - you will always be experimenting, evaluating and learning. You approach problems from multiple perspectives to get the best solution.
- A systematic approach to creating and maintaining our design system - exceptional communication skills to explain the rationales behind decisions clearly and concisely
- You'll report to: Product Design Director
- Team: Design
- Location: Global
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Design exercise
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org