Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
This role is based out of our London office.
Contract Work: German & English-Speaking Creative Strategist
TLDR - We’re looking for a fluent English and German speaking strategist to join our KarmaLab International team on a contract basis.
What on earth is KarmaLab? Great question. KarmaLab acts as a conduit between brands and Reddit culture. Our primary job is to help advertisers understand how to show up on Reddit. In simple terms, we are Reddit’s in-house creative strategy team - an inclusive team of wonderful people with a potent mix of disciplines, trying our best to have a good ‘ol time while delivering results for advertisers on this wild ride we all call “the internet”.
More about you…
First and foremost, you speak fluent internet (and German and English, naturally) and know Reddit like the back of your proverbial hand. When it comes to advertising, you innately know the difference between r/FellowKids and r/Fellowkidssuccess. You will be closing the gaps between brands and the every-day magic of Reddit by mining the platform for insights and transforming them into Reddit-centric creative concepts.
The international business is still finding its feet, so it will be a little scrappy at times. It’s imperative that you thrive in this kind of environment and you have a “no job is too little or big” mentality.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Creative Strategist who will be working to support our expanding sales business in the EMEA market.
What you’ll do:
- Invent ad concepts and campaigns that balance the needs of our clients with the tastes of our audience.
- Write concept pitches, headline copy, RFP responses and communications that embody Reddit’s sensibilities with a focus on German-speaking markets.
- Translate client value propositions into language and visuals that Redditors find appealing and actionable.
- Create deliverables in the form of narrative-driven presentations, white papers, and digital or IRL workshops that convey Reddit’s Business proposition.
- Act as a creative consultant and platform expert to Reddit’s International Sales team and their clients.
Who You Are:
- You have a deep knowledge of Reddit, its language & communities (bonus points for solid karma)
- You’re a collaborator with powerfully persuasive written & verbal communication
- You demonstrate creative flexibility & curiosity…You approach new challenges, clients, verticals and markets with equal enthusiasm
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Keen ability to shift perspective with ease to see opportunities through the lens of both the Reddit communities and a brand, creating something wonderful in the space between
- A book/portfolio of creative work that champions your brilliant thinking
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, PR, media, and/or social media
- Proven understanding of the relationship between creative agencies, media agencies & brands
- Fluent in English and German (French is a bonus too)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient in Keynote/PPT, Google Slides and Adobe Photoshop/Adobe CC
- Experience writing professionally for the internet–blogs articles, social media
- Media and/or creative agency experience
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.