Do you dream of both working at a mid-size tech company with a massive user base and browsing r/catsstandingup at work? Do you love engaging with and helping others? You're in the right place! Reddit is in search of a Communication Intern to join us this summer (and we guarantee you'll get to do some of both!). We work collaboratively and cross-functionally with a variety of teams across the company to make corporate announcements, support product launches, tell brand and platform stories, and manage internal communications. We are instrumental in shaping the public’s global perception of our brand, products, and business.
We're a community of over 52 million daily active users, with a mission of helping people of all shapes, sizes and backgrounds discover places where they can be their true selves.
At Reddit, you'll get to:
Work on projects that impact the business. You’ll play an essential role in supporting and contributing to key communications strategies and initiatives across the team’s portfolios including Corporate, Brand, Digital, Consumer, Internal, Policy, and Safety.
Contribute to the betterment of Reddit by monitoring traditional media and influencer platforms for news stories and industry trends, identifying thought leadership opportunities for executives, helping with daily news tracking and reporting, and drafting materials for blog posts, media pitches, internal announcements, and other communication mediums.
Make Reddit history in our first ever Communication Intern. Be part of a brand new community, earn piles of sweet Reddit swag and get to know your Reddit family during virtual events with our other interns over the course of the summer.
If you fit the following criteria, we'd love to hear from you:
- Graduating between December 2021 to Summer 2022
- Actively working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or Communications, or a related field
- You love interacting with new people
- Strong organizational and time management skills , and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for storytelling and/or interest in the technology/social media industry
- You enjoy creative thinking and are happy to brainstorm
- Authorization to work in the United States
- You’re over the age of 18
- You’re comfortable in a fast paced environment and finding a path forward in ambiguous situations
- You’re an active user of Reddit and are familiar with the aspects of the service
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit responses to the following questions:
- What methods or skills have you learned or used in classes that would be useful for you during the internship?
- How would you describe Reddit to someone who has never heard of the platform?
Join Reddit and help build the front page of the internet!