“The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a Legal Policy Specialist to join our growing team in Dublin and support the reddit.com platform.
The Legal Policy team works on a wide variety of issues that help the products and Reddit communities grow by keeping users safe, defending their right to privacy & free expression, and counseling the business on complex issues. Are you a detail-oriented, proactive, team player with a passion for online speech and privacy issues? Are you a fan of r/todayilearned, r/gameofthrones or r/upliftingnews? Then we want to hear from you!
- Review and process legal content removal requests (e.g. NetzDG requests, international law enforcement/government removal requests)
- Create internal processes and workflows that help mitigate legal risk in these areas
- Handle internal escalations and help educate other teams on our policies and procedures
- Identify and clearly communicate trends, and use this information to inform decisions on policy/workflow development
- Use excellent judgment to determine business needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Work with the Legal team and cross-functionally with Anti-Evil Operations, Community, and Engineering in order to efficiently carry out your responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs or user-related issues and work with our stakeholders to seek resolutions or fixes while mitigating risk
- You may also need to process Emergency Disclosure Requests (EDRs), as required
- 2+ years relevant work experience, specifically processing legal content removal requests
- Able to speak, read, write in German language (full professional proficiency)
- Critical thinker who creates tailored solutions to a wide range of challenges
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in unstructured environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn new things and comfortable handling chaos
- Ability to work and make decisions independently