France Country Launcher - Community Operations
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are searching for a strategic community operations expert to join the International Org and help launch Reddit outside of the US. The international Growth (i18n) team plays a key role in helping Reddit realise its mission: bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
As a Country Launcher, you will be at the forefront of jumpstarting our local content. You will be an expert in the French market, proficient in French, and focused on proactive initiatives to iterate, innovate, refine, and scale our international consumer playbook. The insights derived from your experiments will help accelerate our growth in France.
As one of the first employees in France, this is a rare opportunity to join a new team at one of the most influential consumer products on the internet. If developing and proving out a playbook that unlocks the next hundreds of millions of global Redditors excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
- Be obsessive about achieving aggressive goals and outcomes
- Run reports, build dashboards, analyse data, set KPIs, and execute impactful initiatives
- Gain a deep understanding and specialised market knowledge to understand user and moderator pain points, competitors, and market opportunity
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative insights to optimise and improve the international consumer growth playbook
- Identify the best channels to seed new communities and increase supply in existing communities: grow verticals of communities using any means at your disposal
- Cultivate, recruit, educate, and grow a local community of moderators, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Iterate, innovate, and scale the consumer growth playbook by recognising new opportunities, suggesting bold ideas, and persuading internal teams to align on new plans.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Community, Engineering, Marketing, Safety, and BD
What We Can Expect From You:
- 3-5 years of operations management, product consulting, or tech background
- A healthy blend of operations, growth, project management, and community expertise
- Data-driven and analytical mindset to assess process performance and financial viability (excel modeling skills necessary, SQL knowledge helpful)
- Passion for combining community-systems-thinking with data analysis
- Succinct and persuasive communicator: collaborate effectively across internal teams, local users, moderators, partners, content creators, influencers, etc.
- Results-obsessed: outstanding execution and high attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a knack for rolling up your sleeves and getting things done with urgency
- Deep interest in developing and driving independent projects, framing issues, testing hypotheses, and iterating on process improvements
- Proficiency in French and English
- Resident of France
- Engineering, product or similar technical background
- Proficient in SQL