Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The team is seeking it’s first technical accounting leader who will play a significant role in establishing a SOX compliant accounting & reporting foundation. This position will be tasked with taking on the accounting for technical/non routine areas (equity accounting, tax and lease review) as well as to lead our SOX readiness program. In keeping with Reddit values, the successful leader in this role is someone who operates with an open mindset and “values the human” in all interactions. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity, completeness and accuracy of results as reported. This position will also provide technical advisory support to the broader accounting and revenue teams and work cross functionally as a valuable member contributing to the Company’s maturation process. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly accounting and close processes equity accounting (SBC, BSM variables, modification of awards, etc)
- Responsible for working with our tax advisory firm to prepare our annual tax provision; responsible for reviewing tax provision and related entries as a part of completing our draft financial statements
- Responsible for drafting our annual financial statements; reviewing 701 investor financial statements
- Provide advisory support in researching non routine accounting matters; document positions. Support lease accounting and revenue accounting; provide general review from a technical perspective as needed.
- Develop initial internal control / SOX framework; select 3rd party to lead initiative to baseline key controls for key accounting processes
- Develop and maintain a monthly and quarterly reporting deck for accounting leadership and BOD purposes
- Develop key reports from Netsuite to support monthly and quarterly reporting; work cross functionally to gather key financial metrics to support month end fluctuation analysis and support monthly reporting
- Assist the Controller with interfacing with the Company’s external auditors on key technical areas
- Identify and alert management to new accounting standards and the accounting for non-standard transactions as needed; articulate issues clearly and with advance notice.
- CPA required (Active or Inactive)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Public company experience required
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP & SEC reporting requirements
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience; 6+ years of public accounting and 4+ years of public company experience in a similar role required
- Experience in Ad Technology/Media Industry
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures
- Must be trustworthy and confidential
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to present to senior management
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, dependability, and, last but not least, a good sense of humor