“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for an experienced financial controller, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Build, manage, and lead an engaged and high-performing accounting organization
- Set strategy and vision for the Accounting team to support the overall Reddit company objectives
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues, and drive updates related to new GAAP guidelines.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Select, implement and maintain the new accounting and budgeting systems.
- Work with Finance team to provide inputs to financial models and analyses
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 7+ years of people management experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Strong relationship management and business partner/advisory skills.
- Experience with digital advertising and direct-to-consumer business a plus