Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our approach is changing the game and pioneering a new future in our industry. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Would you like to help us lead the Revolution?
The Impact You’ll Make
- Influence - A well-run lab and supply chain is essential in ensuring that the hundreds of experiments being done weekly are happening in an organized manner. You will need to make sound judgements to guide the consistency of our platform. Effective verbal and written communication and teamwork are necessary .
- Organize - We ask that you have an (almost) obsessive passion for organization. You will assist the Supply Chain Manager and their team in receiving, tracking, and organizing sensitive and high-value materials daily. By using the Kanban replenishment process, you will ensure that scientists have what they need to conduct experiments in a timely manner.
- Pivot - You will manage a variety of different daily tasks and will need to shift and adapt at a moment’s notice. Urgency is required for success in this role.
- Collaborate - Your contributions will greatly influence the work of our scientific teams. As our Material Coordinator, you will be engaged in a considerable amount of diverse collaboration across the company and be a key member of the Lab Operations team.
The Team You’ll Join
As Recursion’s Materials Coordinator, you will be an essential member of the Recursion Lab Operations team and will report to the Supply Chain Manager. The Lab Operations team is a group of dedicated, enthusiastic, and results-driven professionals whose main goal is to ensure that all laboratories are well-equipped, fully-stocked, and ready to go for the teams that we partner with. In your role, you will collaborate with colleagues across the Recursion organization to guarantee all critical laboratory needs are accounted for, properly handled, and readily available for our scientists to conduct their experiments. To be successful, you will need self-initiative and adaptability.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Basic knowledge of inventory control processes and practices (ie, replenishment, cycle counts, obsolescence management, etc.)
- Prior experience with electronic material management systems
- Attention to detail, and a proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of domestic and international shipping and receiving
- Desire to work in an ever-changing environment at a fast-pace
- Ability to lift 50 + lbs.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- Onsite daycare facility
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on our robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here!
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.