This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining extract, transform, load (ETL) pipelines to enable comprehensive data operations, from ingest to query. You will use your in-depth understanding of data architecture, database management, and data processing workflows, ensuring efficient and secure handling of our data resources.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in data engineering or related field
- Extensive experience in building and managing ETL pipelines
- Experienced in building ETL pipelines for comprehensive data operations, meeting and exceeding business value requirements, potentially demonstrated through significant experiences or one exceptionally impactful event
- Experience with Cloud-based systems and/or AI/Machine Learning Development
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Understanding of data security practices and policies, with the ability to design and implement security measures
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new technologies quickly
- Advanced certification related to data management or data engineering would be a plus
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Security clearance
- San Antonio, TX (Local remote
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.