This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Contracts Administrator to support our growing efforts and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. This is a unique opportunity to help build and shape a game-changing organization where we put our customers and people first.
What we are looking for:
- Experience administering assigned contracts and subcontracts to include but not limited to contract modifications, ensuring compliance with prime contract requirements, proposal preparation, and contract negotiation with existing or potential clients
- Review and edit current and future contracts to ensure accurate contractual rights, and obligations and provides an interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Reviews and advises Raft leadership on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Monitor contract performance and maintain continual review to ensure that terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations
- Advises leadership on appropriate activities to resolve performance difficulties
- Adheres to contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for areas of responsibility
- Responds to all external government requests, disputes and requirements to help resolve disputes between prime and subcontractors; facilitates contract closeouts; conducts contract diligence for group/corporate transactions
- Experienced in proposal activity support, ensuring compliance with the Solicitation requirements, company internal objectives and processes, and writing cover letters and risk mitigating assumptions, preparing management volumes
- Obtains and ensures approvals in accordance with company's compliance matrix
- Reviews, drafts, and negotiates pre-award related contractual agreements to include NDAs, TAs, and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs),
- Collaborates and coordinates across internal departments of Billing, Finance, Subcontracts, Pricing and Compliance
- 3-5 years of professional experience performing contracts administration in a government contracting environment
- Experience managing subcontracts
- Experience managing a variety of contract types including T&M, LH, CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, FFP-LOE, FFP
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- Go-getter with a GSD mentality
- Strong Microsoft 365 Skills: Word, Excel
- Experience with Unanet
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage + 401(k)
- Take as you need PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.