This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting-edge tech stack, and cloud-native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior DevSecOps Engineer to support our customers and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
Raft, a leading technology solutions provider, is currently seeking a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to enhance our capabilities in secure software development and deployment. This role requires a deep understanding of DevSecOps practices, cloud security, and continuous innovation. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in DevOps and security principles, with a focus on creating efficient, secure, and scalable cloud-native applications. If you are passionate about integrating security into every phase of the software development lifecycle and thrive in fast-paced, innovative environments, Raft is looking for you.
What we are looking for:
- Proficiency in DevOps Practices: Solid experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and infrastructure as code (IaC) techniques.
- Comprehensive Understanding of Cloud Security Principles: Knowledge in secure architecture design, configuration management, and ensuring the integrity of cloud environments.
- Expertise in Kubernetes Deployment and Administration: Demonstrated ability to manage containerized applications using Kubernetes.
- Skilled in Cloud Native Software Development: Experience in developing and deploying scalable and resilient cloud-native applications.
- Capability for Early Detection of Security Vulnerabilities: Proactive in identifying and mitigating security risks before they affect the system.
- Eligibility to Obtain and Retain a U.S. DoD Common Access Card: Must meet security clearance requirements for access to sensitive information.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Security+: Obtain Security+ within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Certification: Recognition of advanced knowledge and expertise in managing Kubernetes environments.
- Advanced Experience with Cloud and Security Technologies: Seeking candidates with a deep dive capability into the latest in cloud technologies, security practices, and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain and US Security Clearance
- On Customer Site in College Park, MD
- May require up to 10% travel
- $110,000 - $180,000
- The determination of compensation is predicated upon a candidate's comprehensive experience, demonstrated skill, and proven abilities
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Take as you need PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.