This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting-edge tech stack, and cloud-native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to support our customers and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be diving deeper into the software lifecycle, taking on more complex tasks and leading smaller project initiatives. You will not only write code but also be involved in design discussions, code reviews, and mentoring Associate and Standard Engineers, helping to maintain the high standards of our organization.
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in multiple Big Data/Cloud/Enterprise Frameworks
- Experience in creating robust web-socket and RESTFul APIs
- Deep knowledge of SW design and architecture patterns
- 4-6 years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Proficiency with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, and Kubernetes
- A strong collaborator who can work well with a diverse team
- Able to mentor junior engineers
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ certification within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering / Physics / Mathematics
- Fluency in Java
- Experience with Kafka and data streaming
- High level of proficiency with Azure cloud technologies
- Expertise with identity and access management tools such as Keycloak
- Active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Hybrid in Colorado Springs, CO with 2-3 days a week in a SCIF
- May require up to 10% travel
- $110,000 - $200,000
- The determination of compensation is predicated upon a candidate's comprehensive experience, demonstrated skill, and proven abilities
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Take as you need PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.