This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an dynamic and dedicated Quantitative Software Engineer to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
As a Quantitative Software Engineer, you'll be developing software that can effectively and efficiently execute quantitative methods against large datasets. Your contribution will help us drive impactful insights and transform the way our clients make data-informed decisions.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in software development, preferably in a data-intensive environment
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL
- Understanding of quantitative methods and the ability to implement them into software development
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with Cloud-based systems and/or AI/Machine Learning Development
- Obtain Security+ within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, etc
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their application in data analysis
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience or certification in Agile methodologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Security clearance
- San Antonio, TX (Local remote)
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.