This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients include innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting edge tech stack, and cloud native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to support our customer and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
About the role:
Senior Data Engineers on our Distributed Systems team are focused on building data platforms that make it easy for different types of user personas to access data from a central control plane. This includes building backend services, connecting OSS projects in a repeatable and performant way, and extending feature sets.
- Experience building data infrastructure and platforms using streaming frameworks
- Experience/Interest in OSS projects like: Apache Flink, Apache Pulsar, Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, Apache Storm, Apache Airflow
- Hands-on experience with Golang
- Hands-on experience with Spark
- Ability to build cloud-native, scalable services
- Higher education degree or drop-out in Mathematics, CS, Statistics
- Obtain Security+ within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Work with the Platform team to run distributed OSS systems at scale on Kubernetes
- Think of ways to implement data security at the row and column levels
- Contribute features back to the OSS projects in dedicated time
- Build prototypes, gather/implement feedback, delight users.
- Design and develop data best practices using Kafka, ElasticSearch, Presto/Trinio
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Security clearance
Position Type and Location:
- Hybrid - San Antonio, TX
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.