We are looking for a collaborative, inclusive and experienced Tech Lead who has a passion for developing and supporting world class products within a cross functional team, using state of the art AWS technologies. The Tech Lead collaborates with the engineering leadership and product teams to create a technical vision, then works with their team to turn that vision into a reality. They are involved in all aspects of a feature, from initial solution design, to development, then deployment, and finally monitoring in production. The role is hands-on, assisting with feature leads, ensuring quality and timeliness of feature delivery, and coaching team members on their technical skills.
Things we are looking for:
- 2+ years of team leading experience
- Ability and interest to coach and mentor team members from a technical aspect
- Practical and hands-on commercial experience in React/React Native, NodeJS, SQL, NoSQL, Microservices, AWS
- A problem-solving mindset
- Willingness to share knowledge, eagerness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
Things you will be doing:
- Technical mentoring, coaching, career development of team members
- Team building and maintaining team health within your team
- Supports the Engineering Manager, and Product Manager in establishing and maintaining a roadmap
- Being a champion for delivering quality work; this includes working collaboratively with Product Manager, UX team, and Engineering Manager to break up complex work, schedule in critical engineering initiatives and resolving tech debt in a timely fashion
- Leading the overall planning and execution of complex deliverables of your team.
- Working collaboratively with other tech leads to achieve successful outcomes for the whole product & engineering department
- Communicates status and risk updates to stakeholders in regular and timely manner
- Development of software and tooling (features, CI/CD pipeline, internal tools, etc)
Here at Pushpay, we are leaders in our industry and are honoured to have processed over US$15 billion in charitable giving. We work hard to help our customers drive social good in communities around the world through our SaaS products. Over the last few years Pushpay has grown substantially, including exciting acquisitions. We are a proud Kiwi company and are publicly traded on the NZX. Our engineering and product teams are based in Auckland with additional teams in the United States.
We love our culture at Pushpay. There will be lots of mutual respect, brainstorming, idea generations, blameless postmortems, brainfood learning sessions, and rewards and recognitions.
You will be heard, your opinion understood, your input valued, and your knowledge respected as you work with a team of high-calibre people with a drive to do-it-well.
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- $3,000 annual training/conference allowance
- Paid parental leave (primary and secondary caregiver)
- No parental leave override - employees returning from parental leave will be paid at their full rate for annual holidays.
- Flexible working program
- Advanced gear
- Healthy food & drink options
- Free annual flu shots
- Fun on and offsite social events
- 10 days sick leave per year upon starting - no 6 month wait period!
- Volunteering options through our employee led Pushpay Cares team
If you are looking to step out of your comfort zone, build products using microservices, SPA, Backend for Front end APIs, GQL, AWS technologies, and challenge yourself to become better, we would love to hear from you!
We highly encourage you to check your spam/junk folder regularly for communication from Pushpay, as our messages may be redirected there by your email server.