Are you an experienced engineer who has a passion for designing and building high-level systems, mentoring team members, and strives for continuous improvement? We'd love to see you apply, as we have multiple opportunities to be a part of our Giving team!
About the Role
Our team is constantly challenged with scaling, enhancing, and maintaining modern world class engagement and payment experiences through web and mobile apps. We want to grow our team with inquisitive people who are passionate about their craft.
The role requires managing project commitments, timelines, and cross team collaboration. You will be working closely with Product and Design to ensure smooth product deliveries and we pride ourselves in our engineering and product relationship.
This role has high growth opportunities, including expanding responsibility in leading engineering teams. Therefore, adaptability and eagerness to learn are essential qualities we're after.
As well as being surrounded by other dedicated and talented software engineers and teams, we aim to provide an environment that promotes open discussion to solving complex problems, and encourages engineers to learn new technologies and techniques.
You're a continuous learner who keeps up to date with the latest frameworks and practices. You'll be working with engineers in our microservices stack, or "guild", who are spread across cross-functional teams. You produce high-quality code and have a critical mindset to contribute to core feature development within your team. Pushpay’s environment allows for learning, making mistakes, contributing to the team and taking ownership.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with .NET/C#
- Experience in architecture, design, creation and delivery of solutions
- Practical commercial experience with Docker is desirable
- Familiarity with both API web service design and API client consumption
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices and tooling
- A pragmatic approach to delivering modular, scalable code
- Have a personal commitment to continuously learn and improve
- Experience with any of these would be a plus
- React JS and TypeScript
Pushpay is a high-growth New Zealand SaaS business that is spread between offices in Auckland, NZ and the United States. We help organizations and communities come together and stay connected through our suite of mobile apps, management software and giving technology. Our teams of Software Engineers, SRE’s, QA's, UX and Product Managers work closely together to deliver value to our customers as the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits.
We love our culture. If you join us, there will be lots of mutual respect, brainstorming, idea generations, blameless postmortems, brainfood learning sessions, and recognition for your accomplishments and impact on our product. You will be heard, your opinion understood, your input valued, and your knowledge respected as you work with a team of high-caliber people with a drive to do-it-well.
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- Training: $3,000 annual training/conference allowance for your personal development
- Family Oriented: As our Pushpay family grows, we understand yours may too. Our paid parental leave policy offers primary & secondary caregiver leave, and we also have no leave override for those returning to work after parental leave, meaning you'll be paid at your full rate for annual holidays.
- Hybrid Work Model: We aim to offer a healthy work/life balance with flexible hours and the option to work from home 2 days a week
- Sick Leave: You'll automatically get 10 days sick leave per year upon starting (no 6 month wait period!)
- Advanced gear
- Healthy food & drink options
- Free annual flu shots
- Fun on and offsite social events and Friday in-office happy hour
- Volunteering options through our employee led Pushpay Cares program
If you’re passionate about innovation and people, and keen to work in a fast-paced environment that will accelerate your growth journey, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note: To be considered for this vacancy you must either currently reside in New Zealand, or if currently off-shore, be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or resident with valid travel conditions.
Please submit your resume/cover letter and any other supporting documents in PDF format only. After applying, we highly encourage you to check your spam/junk folder regularly for communication from the Pushpay People team.