Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
We recently announced the exciting news of Pushpay and Church Community Builder merging together to deliver a best-in-class fully integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app, and giving solutions for organizations in the US faith sector. The combination of our two companies gives us complimentary world class solutions for our customers and aligns strongly with Pushpay’s core strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for customers.
In this critical, highly visible role, you will redefine and lead the US HR function out of our Redmond, Washington office to align with Pushpay’s current strategic objectives. As an integral part of the People leadership team, you'll need to understand every aspect of the business and be a leader with vision on people and organizational topics as we strategically scale our business operations. The Human Resources Director will run the US People teams located in Redmond and Colorado Springs and work closely with our HR team located in Auckland, New Zealand. This role will partner with our business leaders and managers to develop our people across the business and ensure the people implications of our business strategy are understood and developed.
We are committed to the following success core values which embody our culture and how we work together: People Come First, Generosity, Simplicity, Innovation, and Excellence.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
A typical day may include the following…
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing, engaged workforce.
- Partner with leaders to ensure Pushpay continues to provide an inclusive work environment and ensures diversity through our Employee Resource Groups, and hiring and internal career progression processes.
- Analyze and present relevant HR metrics and insights into the business to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Work with managers and employees to address employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Collaborate with other People team functions in the development and implementation of People programs.
- Hire, lead and manage a team of HR Business Partners.
- Provide strategic business partnership; focus on performance management, conflict management partners in leadership development.
- Guide company on various employment policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal compliance (EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, COBRA, etc.)
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, preferably within fast-growing technology startups
- 8+ years of leadership experience managing HR function, People, and Talent Acquisition teams
- 2+ years of Talent Acquisition experience
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HR or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Experience administering full employee lifecycle from hire to separation; performance management, leaves of absence, immigration, relocation
- Experience with compensation, stock option, and benefits plan administration
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of compliance issues - federal/state employment law, policies, and procedures
- Strong service orientation with a commitment to providing an excellent employee experience
- Approachable, empathetic person with sound judgment and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, relationship building, advising, and teamwork
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural diversity of employees
- Highly organized, adaptable, able to flourish in a fast-paced startup environment
- Prefered current PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. You dare to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance, and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- Significant experience in handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact and diplomacy. Proficient in HR compliance, legislation, and best practice.
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse and remote employee base
- Analytically driven, you are experienced utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem-solving and root cause analysis. Strong aptitude to translate metrics and data insights into actionable strategy.
- A passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Experience in hiring, managing, and developing employees for performance and growth.
- Proficient with HR Technology, systems and reporting. ADP, HRIS experience preferred.
This position is located in our Redmond, WA HQ location.
The candidate will need to be physically located in Redmond, WA