CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
We recently announced the exciting news of Pushpay and Church Community Builder merging together to deliver a best-in-class fully integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app, and giving solutions for organizations in the faith sector. The combination of our two companies gives us complimentary world class solutions for our customers and aligns strongly with Pushpay’s core strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The marketing team serves the marketing needs of the business as well as the internal needs of other departments in the organization with everything from product marketing to lifecycle marketing to corporate marketing. The team delivers on a lead commit every month for both mid-market and enterprise-level customers and acquires about 80% of leads via content marketing.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a candidate who possesses the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
The Content Marketing Manager duties include creating and managing a content calendar, producing and publishing content, writing, editing, and proofreading, formulating content strategies, analyzing content performance, managing vendors and contractors, and other tasks as needed.
The Content Marketing Manager should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, thought leadership, organic traffic via SEO and other tactics, and using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing Communications
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: they create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion.
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Manage content distribution in a way that serves all stakeholders.
- This person must understand the basic best practices of email marketing and the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Measurement and optimization will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
- Management of all outside vendors, contractors, tools, and other resources.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand demand.
- Executive presentations on the content marketing approaches and results will be required.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related degree or equivalent working experience
- 3-5 years or more experience owning content marketing production and strategy
- Excellent command of written English for the purpose of proofreading and editing content
- Experience creating content for the web and digital consumption
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content performance
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, SEO, and other related tools
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales