Vice President, Marketing
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
We recently announced Pushpay and Church Community Builder merged together to deliver a best-in-class fully integrated church management system (ChMS), custom community app, and giving solutions for organizations in the US faith sector. Church Community Builder complements Pushpay’s custom community app and giving solution, and aligns strongly with Pushpay’s core strategy of providing innovative, market-leading solutions for customers.
We are looking for a true marketing expert to join our team who is passionate about making difference and impacting communities and beyond, and can effectively lead our efforts in this sector.
Working with our leadership teams, and cross functional teams within our company, the VP of Marketing is a mission critical role for Pushpay. The individual will be responsible for all facets of marketing, including: product marketing, demand/acquisition, lifecycle marketing, content marketing, and creative/brand/multimedia marketing.
As the VP of Marketing, you will lead the execution of all marketing and communications strategies. You will ensure that all marketing efforts meet business objectives for prospective and existing customers and help to elevate brand and product awareness. In addition to educating and propelling product adoption by our current customers. You’ll be leading the development and execution of all marketing, product campaigns and strategies to drive growth.
This role will be part of a cross functional effort to link and enhance our products, sales initiatives, customer success, and partnership teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead a highly creative and execution-capable team of internal professionals in corporate marketing, demand generation, sales enablement and product marketing. As the company grows, you will assess how to grow your team and grow the foundations that have been set for your department and the company
Work closely with key marketing team members and other company executives to ensure the products and services of the marketing department are well aligned to the overall brand and messaging of the company
Liaise and drive measurable outcomes with our sales teams, product teams, customer success, operations, and the executive team to deliver strategic marketing initiatives
Execute on the strategic marketing plan in place and enhance upon it moving forward, ensuring the strategies, tactics and resources you have are aligned to achieve goals
Plan and implement the annual marketing plan; regularly updating the management team on progress
- Leading marketing across multiple brands
- Develop and implement key messaging
- Implementing the GTM strategy and value prop
- Maintaining the narrative of individual products, then land and expand across multiple channels/brands
- Backbook strategy to cross sell, Frontbook education around individual products
- Clean brand positioning in market - two channels to market - coordination of three key functions
Evaluate, develop and grow the marketing team – recruiting, on-boarding, coaching and training employees to produce to the best of their abilities
Manage by example, continuing to support a culture and work environment of open, honest and team collaboration
Work closely with the digital and social team to ensure our company’s website and online presence is optimized and provides the highest value for the company and all of its members
Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (vendors, partners and key prospective leaders)
Conduct research and analysis to identify opportunities and work with senior leadership to make actionable strategic decisions
Conduct meetings with leaders to assist with their short-term and long-term marketing plans, leveraging marketing opportunities by demographic market and faith vertical
- 10 or more years of experience as a marketing leader with proven results
- Strong understanding of our customers in the faith market is highly desired.
- Experience working in the technology field, preferably SaaS Solutions
- Past proven experience in managing marketing and customer-oriented teams
- Proven ability to drive performance, present samples and concepts appropriately to sales-driven people, our partners and clients of the company, surpassing the demanding time schedules and effectively leading the marketing team
- Proven effectiveness in creating and implementing key messaging, and aligning that messaging across product management, and customer facing sales teams
- Effective at organizing, planning, and prioritizing work to maintain contact with all customers and prospects in the market area, ensuring high levels of account conversion and customer satisfaction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to operate collaboratively and achieve results; enthusiastic, committed and conscientious.
- Creative strategic thinker - able to meaningfully contribute to the development of the company’s short and long-term strategy
- Effective decision maker and problem solver with the ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose a solution that benefits both sales executives and customers
- Strong computer literacy and quantitative skills to manage data, process and distill information and communicate effectively
- Tenacious Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
Ability to travel within a designated geographic area; national and international (if needed)
Proactively learn and keep up with modern marketing and digital strategies including marketing techniques and new technologies
- Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting using modern reporting tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot, Google Analytics, Demandbase or similar
- Willingness and flexibility to collaborate with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Sales and Marketing Strategy & Operations Analytics team
- Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever changing needs of the business aligned to the faith market
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, computer science, business or digital sciences
Job Type: Full-time
This position is located in Redmond, WA
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing / Business or like field (Required)
- Marketing: 10 years (Required)
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ professional work experience in a leadership position with operational and fiscal responsibilities