Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
The Senior Billing Operations Analyst will be responsible for working closely with the technical operations, finance and customer success teams to manage customer billing operations, including ongoing enhancements and improvements. This person will also be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to identify and resolve near-term and long-term issues related to billing.
The successful candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of Zuora (or similar tool) for subscription billing management and be an expert in the administration of billing systems in-line with industry best practice.
- Manage all aspects of customer billing, including maintenance and establishment of operational and financial controls.
- Analyze current key company policies and business processes, and implement changes where necessary to maximize the efficiencies and effectiveness invoicing process and controls
- Establish and monitor billing reports and an analytics policy which includes the creation of meaningful reporting tools (with Business Intelligence), regular review of reports, and establishment of action plans for exception items.
- Manage all aspects of the daily and long-term relationship with Finance / collections team
- Research and analyze policy trends and discrepancies.
- Compile operational and statistical reporting including problem resolution.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations between the billing system and the general ledger, and cash reconciliations for all premium receivables and fiduciary accounts.
- Lead in the design and administration of audit policies and procedures within the organization related to invoicing to ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Manage all testing for new system development in Billing including creation of detailed test conditions to mitigate risk, the development of a comprehensive testing strategy, and documentation of test results for audit controls.
- Manage the resolution of system defects to ensure accurate, complete and timely billing including identification of defects, sizing, resource prioritization, defect recovery and impact reporting.
- Draft and analyze business requirements for all technology development projects related to implementing changes and new system design to the billing system.
- Apply quality assurance principles and methodologies to define test approaches and test plans
- Communicate with multiple departments relations to controls and escalations based on established priorities
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, a related field, or equivalent education required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience working in diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with Zuora for subscription billing, or similar
- Strong creative and quantitative skills, ability to design and implement insightful and useful metrics.
- Understands accounting and financial concepts.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, including testing methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and explain difficult concepts.
- Proven experience and success in areas related to customer billing is preferred including knowledge of SaaS and processing volume billing
- Exceptional initiative and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills, with excellent attention to details
- Comfort and success working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- The ability to proactively identify and resolve issues