Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
As an Account Executive at Podium, Melbourne, you will own the entire sales lifecycle. Armed with a suite of business-critical SaaS tools, you will be tasked at generating, qualifying and closing new business opportunities within your assigned territory. You will be closely supported by you Team Lead, along with the SDR and Marketing team(s) to help achieve your monthly revenue goals.
Podium's Account Executives play a truly influential role on how local business is conducted within the region - you will make interactions so much simpler, empowering your customers to be as successful as possible.
What you’ll do:
- SMB + Mid-Market acquisition: close new business deals through solution-based selling
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to deal closure, with assistance from the SDR, CSM and Marketing team(s)
- Work closely with your SDR to help generate qualified leads
- Self-source: make outbound calls and emails daily
- Exceed your monthly revenue target
- Pipeline management: maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and ensure Salesforce is kept up-to-date
What you'll bring:
- 1-2+ years' of B2B closing experience in a high velocity role (tech-sales preferred, but not essential)
- Proven experience selling to SMB's (bonus points for experience within Retail, Auto, Medical, Home Services and/or Professional Services)
- Proven success prospecting into new markets and generating leads
- The ability to navigate quick sales cycles'
- Experience carrying and exceeding monthly revenue targets
- Exceptional presentation and pitching skills
- REAL growth and career development opportunities, we’re still young in Australia with plenty of room to grow, plus we've just been named as one of Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies of 2021!
- Uncapped commissions + accelerators
- Equity/stock options for all employees - 'Be a Founder' and be rewarded as one at Podium
- A generous $600 monthly ‘Benefits & Wellbeing’ allowance, spent how you please
- Swag (Podium branded clothing and accessories, we’ll kit you out)
- Free snacks and drinks, always stocked up
- Weekly lunches, breakfasts and cafe quality coffees provided
- You'll find Podium in the Work Club offices on Collins Street with access to end of trip facilities, bike storage and lockers, a cocktail bar and a spectacular view from our 35th floor space