Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
About the Role
The HR Generalist provides support to the HR team and business leaders through coordinating and assisting with HR processes, systems, programs and policies. Provides support to the HR Business Partner in executing a broad range of human resources programs, policies, and activities including but not limited to - recognition, team member relations, policy administration and various HR initiatives within a specific business area.
The HR Generalist role includes the following responsibilities and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
Employee Retention, Onboarding & Offboarding
- Participates in onboarding processes, programs and initiatives.
- In partnership with HRBP’s and the People & Culture team identifies policies and tools to increase employee engagement and reduce turnover
- Assist the Office Manager with planning executing employee engagement activities
- Coordinates employee development plans and provides partnership and support to the business for performance reviews.
- Provides support in the termination process and completes appropriate separation paperwork
- Conducts offboarding activities including exit interviews.
- Researches and provides support in the design of team building/ in-office events and programs
- Conducts frequent assessments of HR initiatives and makes recommendations to improve the employee experience, HR initiatives and the efficiency of the HR department.
Employee Relations, Policies & Projects
- Provides a dedicated and effective HR Advisory Service to team members that includes team member queries, performance and conduct matters, organizational change and other employee relations matters.
- Contributes to the management and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and makes recommendations to ensure all talent policies and procedures are diverse, equitable, and inclusive for all employees
- Assists with all Visa and Immigration applications.
- Provides support in workplace health and safety initiatives and programs
- Provides support in delivering core HR processes across their business group (e.g., performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
- Ensures compliance with human resources regulations and applicable employment laws and escalates potential issues to their Manager or HR leadership.
- Provides support in partnering with Compliance to ensure licensing requirements for all applicable employees are met.
- Manages any payroll or scheduling issues as
- Maintains and organizes all team member files in the system as required.
- Manages the auditing and reporting for required company training and ensures team members policy acknowledgements are in the LMS.
- Collects, analyzes and looks for trends in human resources data to make suggestions relating to HR strategy- turnover, recruitment, engagement, talent management and leadership opportunities.
- Provides support on various HR Programs, Projects and Initiatives.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in HR or related experience.
- University and/or College education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources.
- Strong HR, employment law, compliance and/ or training background with experience directly advising business supervisors, managers, and team members on HR matters.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and decision making skills along with extreme attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills in order to deal with all levels of the organization.
- A sense of inquisitiveness and intellectual curiosity; ability to listen and learn from others
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Solid understanding of employee relations and payroll process
- Must be a collaborative team player and a consultative problem solver
- Highly proactive style of work, with a demonstrated track record of developing innovative approaches
- Must have a sense of urgency, be self motivated, have a strong work ethic, and have a “can do” energetic attitude.
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments/projects with similar deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position requires licensing in applicable states that we operate in, which is subject to change. The position will also require to be a NJ notary.
Office and Travel Requirements
The position is based out of the CH office with the availability to WFH 2 days a week currently. This position may be expected to travel 10% of the time. This position will be required to provide HR support some nights and weekends.
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.