Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
About the Role & Team
As part of the Penn Interactive team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers determined to deliver some of the best apps the market has to offer. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Penn Interactive! We are looking for senior field networking engineers to join the Network/Field Engineering team, to work cross-functionally across engineering, and be the front line for roll outs and hardware deployments/architecture. This role will be immersed in a hybrid deployment model that also maintains regulatory compliance across the United States and Canada.
About the work
- Engage in implementation, documentation and deployment for our new state launches which utilizes a hybrid bare-metal stack
- Respond and provide technical direction to Engineering regarding operational issues, NIC optimization, storage settings, OS tuning, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the hardware implementation, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause and recommend suitable solutions
- Install product(s) or OS systems at data centers or office sites (which can also include directing the shipment)
- Provide setup and architecture for firewalls, network topology, and hardware specifications
- Procure gear and determine optimal specifications for purchase
- Experience in a similar role related to data center management and networking
- Understand the following with practical experience: MPLS, bare-metal servers, Ubuntu, TCP/IP, BGP, NAT, Cloud interconnects, firewall rules
- Experience working with Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes preferred)
- Automation experience with configuration management
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, and/or on-premise - from a networking triage perspective
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly with little supervision / leading your team to execute effectively.
- You’re the type of individual who is extremely tech-savvy and passionate about learning new technologies and tools.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, and/or similar experience.
- Experience with networking, hardware, and data center practicals
- Comfortable with in-country traveling
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.