Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of PENN Entertainment (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
The Technical Release Project Manager resides within the PMO team and reports to the Lead Technical Project Manager. The Technical Release Project Manager (TRPM) is a strategic and tactical partner in cross functional software release scope planning and execution across the ESPN BET Sportsbook and theScore family of products. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, team oriented, and possess a strong ability to effectively problem solve in the support of frequent software development release cycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Project Release manager is responsible for the below, and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Identify all release scope across Product & Engineering teams planned for upcoming releases.
- Create supporting documentation and artifacts that illustrate all planned scope within upcoming releases via Atlassian toolchain.
- Track non-code and configuration changes that are required to be added and/or updated within a release.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance teams to identify and track critical defects and risks within each release.
- Proactively report on planned scope for upcoming releases and work across Product and Engineering teams to identify deviations or changes from internal milestones.
- Develop scalable processes to regularly evaluate release health, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Maintain regular interaction between Engineering, QA, and RM teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and release risks are met and effectively managed.
- Analyze and produce macro level release metrics to evaluate patterns amongst release cycles and derive insights that result in continual improvement of internal release processes.
- Become a change agent in proposing process improvements around release execution data, in addition to driving a culture of accountability and ownership for teams contributing to our products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience working project management space, with specific experience in software development release management.
- Experience with Agile & Scrum software development methodologies.
- Comfortable working with Atlassian’s ticketing system, Jira, specifically familiarity with Advanced Roadmaps capabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to manage competing priorities with little supervisory input
- Able to adjust delivery approach, language and level of detail to meet audience needs; foster relationships even under difficult circumstances
- Experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, inspire and motivate others.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Project management certifications (PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PgMP, PMI-RMP, etc)
- A passion for sports and/or sports betting.
Recently being recognized as a top workplace in the United States, we believe people work their best when they can be themselves. We are looking for hungry, innovative thinkers to help us challenge the status quo of the gaming industry. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are vital to all of our processes, programs, and structures. Your story, who you are, and your experience matter here.