PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical, productive, and collaborative professional to join our Finance, Accounting and Treasury (“FACT”) team. This is a great opportunity to hone existing analytical skills, while diving deeply into the financial operations of a global hedge fund. Responsibilities will range from daily counterparty exposure and margin analysis, monitoring and thinking strategically about financing costs of the funds, fund accounting and compliance reporting, and being involved in the setup of new products, counterparties, and funds. The Fund Accounting and Treasury associate will work closely with the team, including the Treasurer and head of FACT, the CFO, and with our fund operations, legal and compliance, investor relations, and operational risk management groups.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our funds, not their size. PDT’s extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse. We value your intelligence, creativity, and tenacity more than direct prior experience.
- Manage the daily counterparty margin requirements, including understanding margin rules and methodologies and helping to negotiate new rates with counterparties
- Analyze and optimize financing costs across counterparties
- Help to analyze, understand, and manage FX exposure for the funds
- Liaise with the prime brokers, custodian bank, administrator, and other counterparties
- Create mid-month and end-of-month NAV packs that include NAV calculations that shadow the Administrator
- Review cash, dividend, and P&L reconciliations in support of the NAV reconciliations
- Prepare certain regulatory filings (Form PF, PQR, BE-185, etc)
- Provide financial data for third parties, including investors and trading counterparties
- Lead FACT on new product launches and integration into existing PDT systems
- Lead ad hoc projects to improve efficiencies or revamp processes in the group
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 0 – 2 years finance, accounting, or risk management experience, preferably at a top-tier investment bank (e.g., trading desk, risk management group, or capital markets) or accounting firm (covering investment managers)
- Superb problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organization and execution
- Highly-proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, Tableau, Geneva, or similar accounting system would be helpful (not necessary)
Education: Bachelor's degree from an excellent academic program.
Note: As a part of the later stages of the application process, for this role, we will be requesting a copy of your undergraduate transcript. While you don’t need to provide this at this time, we just want to note this, in case you need some time to request it.
The salary range for this role is between $105,000 and $120,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon salary within the range for a particular candidate include years of experience, level of education obtained, skill set, and other external factors.