PDT Partners – a New York City-based quantitative investment manager – is looking for a highly talented associate to join the Legal and Compliance Team. This role is a great opportunity for a bright, hard-working, detail-oriented individual who is interested in learning about the legal and regulatory needs of a world-class financial services firm.
The associate will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day projects of the legal and compliance program, and will work closely with PDT’s team of lawyers and compliance professionals to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations and the firm’s own policies, procedures, and internal controls. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, and will thrive in an intellectually-challenging and highly collaborative environment.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional, and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
Responsibilities may include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a world-class legal and compliance program.
- Drafting and reviewing various documents under attorney supervision, and administering the contract finalization process.
- Organizing and maintaining legal documents in various databases.
- Drafting resolutions, board minutes, policies, and procedures.
- Keeping apprised of regulatory developments and performing legal and other supplemental research. Managing the legal and compliance components of employee on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Coordinating with developers to implement and manage technological solutions to enhance legal and compliance infrastructure.
- Preparing regular and ad hoc regulatory filings.
- Engaging in compliance and control testing.
- Helping with our counterparty due diligence process, which includes liaising with vendors and internal groups.
- Coordinating meetings and training sessions.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people:
- Entry-level to 3 years of relevant work experience. We welcome applicants interested in a long-term career with PDT, as well as those committed to pursuing graduate school after 2 - 3 years.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel a plus).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thorough, conscientious, and meticulously attentive to detail.
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work well with all types and levels of people.
- Strong sense of urgency, with maturity and judgment to escalate issues promptly.
- Calm and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable.
- Strong academic background; all majors welcome
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.