Finding and hiring exceptional people who are also great cultural fits is key to our success. To help lead our recruiting efforts, we're looking for an ambitious Recruiter to join our Talent and Culture Team.
The person in this role will have the freedom to define and execute hiring strategies, manage relationships with internal stakeholders, and design and implement a range of special projects (such as unconventional approaches to sourcing and branding). To thrive in this work, the right person will have an uncanny ability to evaluate talent and fit, high emotional intelligence, and a conviction that the details matter. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the culture and future of our firm.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar 25+ year track record and a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the world—measured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDT’s very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually extraordinary and our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, and diverse.
- Run the full lifecycle of talent acquisition (strategy, sourcing, interviewing, closing) for positions at all levels, across the firm (business operations, research, technology).
- Partner with hiring managers on organizational needs, position specifications, search strategy, the assessment process, and eliminating sticking points.
- Consistently reflect PDT's values when interacting with candidates and colleagues.
- Enhance our branding, from the way we describe PDT to the creation of precisely targeted outreach efforts.
- Continually seek ways to streamline and systematize the recruiting team's workflow.
- Manage relationships with recruiting agencies, including contract negotiation.
Below, you'll find a list of skills and experiences we think are relevant. Even if you don’t think you’re a perfect match, we still encourage you to apply because we are committed to developing our people.
- 3+ years of recruiting experience, ideally including talent acquisition for tech or finance firms.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- A highly analytical mind matched with strong acumen—you can synthesize multiple perspectives, crystallize priorities and tradeoffs, and identify the most reasonable path forward.
- Superb judgment and discretion.
- A history of launching effective branding strategies.
- Meticulousness and impressive organizational skills, alongside self-initiative, tenacity, and integrity.
- Intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn about our business.
- Bachelor's degree from a strong academic program.
DISCLAIMER: This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). PDT will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, PDT will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.