Role: Business Director FTC - 12 months
Location: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands
An integral part of the client's Rotterdam team, as Global Business Director you will be responsible for the studio and have an oversight across the output of the creative, production and community management teams. This is an integrated role, involving the development of the studio growth strategy and the responsibility of its P&L. As Business Director you will therefore be working hand-in-hand with clients on a daily basis to establish strong relationships and partner with the most senior heads of our client’s divisions in Rotterdam and globally.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- An astute senior integrated marketing communications professional, with solid experience in FMCG marketing and digital content. A growth focussed individual with high level commercial acumen/know how to find & convert new opportunities. You’ll be joining us at a time of positive change and transformation and will act as the agency’s main point of contact for clients.
- Experience in, and a strong passion for championing and producing engaging creative marketing communications content across a fully integrated channel mix is a must. As well as having experience working for FMCG and Retail clients producing engaging and creative shopper marketing and communications content.
- You should be a strong strategic thinker, with an agency background. You will be working closely with the client as a long-term business partner, steering the development of their brand and marketing strategy and building relationships with Brand & Marketing Directors.
- This role requires a courteous, positive, and high-energy individual with great people skills. Someone who works hard but has fun with it and who can demonstrate a proven track record of driving high performing teams to deliver for clients. You should have a meticulous attention to detail, establishing yourself as a safe pair of hands, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
You will be the lead in our Rotterdam office of a client in the FMCG and Retail space, managing the account, strategic and creative leaders of those teams and responsible to the client for delivery of agreed service to a high standard. You will be responsible for driving growth across these accounts, working closely with senior clients to understand and deliver against their marketing communication requirements, always pushing Oliver to be the chosen provider and where possible driving more creative and strategic work.
- Building strong relationships with all clients specifically with directors and heads of category levels.
- Main point of contact for each client lead. You will work in partnership with them, driving business and the teams to deliver great work
- Be an escalation point for the client for any issues with your teams, you will need to be a problem solver that deals with problems with a solution-based attitude
- You will be confident with clients and will challenge the client, when necessary whilst keeping a positive relationship. You negotiate to create win-win compromises with your client on behalf of your team members where needed
- You will ensure each team consistently delivers to the expected level of client service
- Lead each team by example, line managing the account, strategic and creative leads across each account
- Developing, coaching and driving team leads and their teams to constantly add value to our clients and to challenge the briefs we receive, in order to break the norm and deliver outstanding creative work
- You will be responsible for the guidance and development of your team, so it is essential you are a great communicator, able to inspire your team and spot potential
- You will have oversight of your teams WIPs and knowledge of projects going through each account, without being pulled into the day-to-day management of projects. The ability to direct teams to deliver, without getting caught up in the detail
- Responsible for growing the agency offering across each client, pushing our capabilities to brand & marketing teams and keeping us front of mind for strategic and creative opportunities
- You will actively seek out opportunities with your client and build relationships with senior clients, pushing to upsell our offering
- Experience in running strategic planning sessions would be beneficial
Operations & Financials
- Ensure your teams are working to defined processes, but can challenge process to ensure teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Manage the P&L for the country office and forecast operational income on a weekly/quarterly basis to senior management
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Relevant agency work experience
- Previous experience leading integrated agency teams of more than 15 people
- Experience and passion working with large FMCG, Food and Retail clients is essential
- A strong grounding in the commercial running of accounts, P&L management and forecasting
- Strong gravitas and the ability to build relationships with senior clients, building trust in our offering
- A team player with a client centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with your teams and colleagues
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 4000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Follow us on Instagram
We've set ambitious, market-leading environmental and social goals around sustainability at OLIVER. We have committed to be net zero by 2030 and take far reaching action on DE&I in the sector. We expect everyone to contribute to our mission, embedding sustainability into every department and through every stage of the project lifecycle.
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.