Role: Data Operations Manager/Director
As the only company to exclusively design, build and run in-house agencies, OLIVER (part of the Inside Ideas Group) holds a unique position in the market, Its Data Team is no different. We’re arguably one of the fastest-growing agency data teams in London with the team doubling in size in the last year alone.
We’re looking for an experienced data operations specialist to join our central team, based in Rosebery Avenue. Developing our capabilities, processes, and services for client work across the business.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone who likes to work in close collaboration with clients and brands. You are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
As the Data Operations Manager/Directors you will aim to embed operational excellence and best-in-class data delivery within the team as we continue to grow and scale.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Work in partnership with data, account and project management teams to scope data projects – ensuring the right data practices, processes and talent (on and offshore) are utilised
- Managing technical delivery of data projects across a range of consultative and business as usual workstreams – ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard
- Own resourcing of Hub and offshore personnel, responsible for building an ongoing pipeline of work for team members
- Responsible for tracking team financials and profitability (projects and broader department), including raising of POs, cross-charges, troubleshooting of job numbers and reduction of over burn
- Work with Legal, Compliance teams & Data Protection Council on creation and maintenance of Privacy Impact Assessments, Records of Processing as well as the validation and onboarding of new providers and processes
- Develop, implement, and own process and policy surrounding data storage, retention, security for the data strategy and analytics team
- Continually seek ways to optimise process, technology, and ways of working as the team continues to grow – actively seek out ways to standardise delivery of products and services and drive greater efficiency
- Own relationships with data vendors and manage internal data infrastructure to ensure we’re getting the best of our suppliers, we remain compliant, and they meet our ongoing needs
- Supporting the wider team with recruitment – creation of business casing and commercials, administration in Greenhouse, weekly progress reviews
- Support team growth through relevant forecasting of work to identify hiring needs ahead of time
- Act as the central knowledge keeper for all data work, ensuring resources and work are suitable stored and shared across the team
- Foster collaboration across our global network of data and performance practitioners, embedding best practice, continued learning and development
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Previous experience in an agency, data operations environment
- Experience in setting up and scaling of offshore data teams
- Strong commercial experience / creation of diverse scope of works
- Experience of developing and managing Google Cloud Platform environments
- Experience working with different delivery methodologies (i.e. scrum / agile)
- Deep exposure to different data and performance practices:
- CRM / Marketing Automation
- Data Strategy & Consultancy
- Business Intelligence
- Data Science & Automation
- Audience Intelligence
- Paid Social & Search / DCO
- Desire to continually learn and push the boundaries
- Confidence and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and developing clear plans and strategies from scratch
- Excellent communication skills, ability to distil complex ideas for non-technical audiences
- Previous line management experience, managing dispersed, matrix teams
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do ground breaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.