***This job requires active TS/SCI clearance. Please apply only if you have an active TS/SCI clearance. ***
North Point Technology is looking for a TS/SCI Cleared Computer Network Defense (CND) Engineer to support a critical mission out of Springfield, VA.
The CND Engineer will perform daily vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, mitigation and reporting activities in order to provide Computer Network Defense (CND) safeguards of information assets. This will include:
- Evaluation of network asset compliance against DoD security guidelines/requirement and provide guidance to meet the required configuration.
- Documentation of compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or develop a plan of actions and milestones (POA&M) with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to address non-compliance in the allotted time frame.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan.
- Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented in accordance with baseline.
- Ensure all information system security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Ensure records are maintained for workstations, software, servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, telephony equipment, etc. throughout the information system's life cycle.
- Participate in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments.
- Assist in conduct of investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and Program Managers.
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
Basic qualifications include:
- Must be able to Develop Solutions, Implement and Install Elastic (ELK) Stack, McAfee, and Ansible
- Experience with vulnerability remediation and security management (i.e., system hardening, log management, configuration management (i.e., Nessus, McAfee, WSUS, SCCM, ACAS, SCAP, HBSS, etc.))
- Elastic (ELK) Stack, McAfee, and Ansible
- Security + Certification (within 6 months on joining the program)
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Operating System Administration/Development Experience with RHEL 7.x, Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10 Workstation
- Proven hands-on experience in basic scripting
- Strong Elasticsearch and HBSS
- In depth experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
- Experience implementing complex technologies at multiple classification levels within large environments and at an Enterprise level
- Knowledgeable of operating system and application security requirements from NIST Special Publication 800-53, Revision 4
- Experience with observability and enterprise management
- Understanding of computer network defense framework
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/collaborate within team of developers, Scrum Master, and Product Owner
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Security + Certification
- Experience with the following technologies:
Elastic (ELK) Stack
Scripting in UNIX Shell
Continuous integration tools and processes
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
North Point Technology is THE BEST place to work for curious-minded engineers motivated to support our country’s most crucial missions! We focus on long term projects, leveraging the latest technology in support of innovative solutions to solve our customer’s most difficult problems. At North Point Technology, EMPLOYEES come first! We value our employees by providing excellent compensation, benefits, and a flexible work-life balance. We strive for a close-knit and open atmosphere where the owners are always directly available to our team members. Come join us! Apply with North Point Technology today!