***This job requires active TS/SCI clearance. Please apply only if you have an active TS/SCI clearance. ***
North Point Technology is looking for a TS/SCI Cleared Software Engineers to support a critical mission out of Herndon,VA.
This opportunity will help our customer provide critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The software operates on multiple hardware platforms and combines COTS software with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevOps and Agile principles. These software development methods emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority. As a member of the Framework Services Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in the technologies described below.
The selected individual will be working in the Framework Services team, supporting numerous activities to include:
- Working within Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide maintenance/upgrades of the baseline in support of all development, test, operations, and training activities.
- Working with XML and Java to support several support applications.
- Providing continuous environment support to development, test, and operational environments to include application deployments.
- Creating installation / monitoring scripts to streamline software deployment
- Installing COTS/GOTS and custom software (e.g., Elastic Search, Kibana, Hadoop, Docker, Chef)
- Developing Web and UNIX/Windows engineering tools.
- Developed automated tests for complex mission threads.
- Create and troubleshoot Chef Recipes.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates agile software development activities.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Ability to work with XML
- JAVA development experience.
- Ability to be flexible as they support the dynamic development/test needs.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced in COTS/FOSS integration and support.
- Ability to learn new technologies (e.g., multi-level security / Hardware Wall)
Big data technologies to include:
Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Storm, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, IMPALA, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Cloudera Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef)
North Point Technology is THE BEST place to work for curious-minded engineers motivated to support our country’s most crucial missions! We focus on long term projects, leveraging the latest technology in support of innovative solutions to solve our customer’s most difficult problems. At North Point Technology, EMPLOYEES come first! We value our employees by providing excellent compensation, benefits, and a flexible work-life balance. We strive for a close-knit and open atmosphere where the owners are always directly available to our team members. Come join us! Apply with North Point Technology today!