NewStore provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service for retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Built for speed and flexibility, NewStore allows brands to easily deliver amazing shopping experiences that store associates and consumers love. Its mobile-first, modular cloud platform includes POS, order management, clienteling, inventory, and native consumer apps. NewStore customers such as Burton, Faherty Brand, G-Star RAW, Marine Layer, Scotch & Soda, UNTUCKit, and Vince benefit from the most complete, global omnichannel retail solution available. The company is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
This is an exciting time to join NewStore and make a difference for global brands joining a world-class team that is revolutionizing the retail experience. Joining our Services team as an Omnichannel Support Engineer you will contribute to the successful expansion of our business by bringing all your problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot user-centric issues as well as platform and integration-related technical problems.
If you like tech challenges of all sizes and colors, this is the right place for you as over time, you will be one of our experts in the NewStore Platform. And since each new technical issue is a piece of feedback to improve the capabilities of our platform, you will master solutions and troubleshooting as a new challenge to fill unknown gaps. This implies very strong verbal and written communication skills to sync with our engineering teams and also prime support our clients.
You will enjoy working with our world-class clients, our project teams and solution partners in a very versatile and dynamic environment that is all about creating the right solutions. Obviously you will learn massively through this unique exposure. In this position, you will report to our Director of Technical Support in Boston.
Your mission is to champion building stable and scalable software based on post roll-out solutions that fulfill the needs of our clients. To achieve this you will be the expert who knows how to leverage NewStore core functionality as well as how to implement on-demand customizations.
Provide exceptional customer service contributing with proactive solutions to our NewStore customers, in a clear and timely manner.
- Research customer issues and articulate technical issues concisely to engineering teams in case of escalation.
- Manage multiple concurrent customer inquiries and be able to prioritize according to severity and customer business impact.
- Educate customers on the technical capabilities of the platform to help them make the most of the NewStore platform and associated apps.
- Write knowledge base articles to enable customer self-help, as well as internal technical articles for fellow engineers.
- Stay abreast of new product features and functionality as it becomes available.
- Enjoys working with customers.
- 3+ years experience in professional software development or technical support.
- BS in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience.
- Strong analytical, empirical troubleshooting and technical debugging skills.
- Experience reviewing and debugging code in various programming and scripting languages.
- Experience with order management & fulfillment business processes, knowledge about the integration of CRM, ERP and financial systems is a plus.
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills, German a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Generous personal development budget to support your growth
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy
- Well equipped office or remote working environment
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Stock options program
- Team Events
The requirements listed are guidelines for you and for us, not hard and fast rules. If you feel that you satisfy most of the requirements or meet most of the qualifications listed, we’d love to see your application.
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!