🧑💻 The Role
- Get ready to unleash your full potential! Join our team of empowered, full-stack tech wizards and take ownership of the projects you build from start to finish.
- With a strong emphasis on efficiency, you'll have the opportunity to harness the power of Golang and validate your creations using thorough unit tests and integration tests.
- And if you have a love for all things cloud, we want to hear from you. With hands-on experience with AWS and/or infrastructure as code tools, you'll have the chance to take our tech to new heights.
- And of course, clear and effective communication is key - so being fluent in English, both spoken and written, is a must.
We’re an AWS company. Our tech stack includes micro-service architecture, Kubernetes, Serverless, Python, Golang, Terraform, RabbitMQ, Postgres, DynamoDB, Micro-frontends, React, React Native, Swift and Objective-C. We track our metrics, such as DORA, to keep our speed and quality.
🚀 What You'll Do
As a software engineer at NewStore, you'll dive into product discovery, taking ownership of delivering solutions within your team's domain and practicing agile Kanban methodologies.
But it's not just about delivering code - you'll have a hand in defining and contributing to the team's OKRs, and make an impact on wider engineering initiatives.
And here's the best part - with a focus on TDD and pair programming, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from your fellow tech experts.
🤝 How we work together
We empower our teams to make decisions and drive technical and product direction based on facts. We prioritize pride, ownership, and accountability, valuing completion over perfection. Collaboration and teamwork are key, and we measure success by the success of our customers, team, and company.
Our decisions are informed by data-driven debates, and we commit to them with integrity. We embrace learning and adapt our decisions accordingly. We focus on the developer experience, emphasising simplicity and empathy for fellow engineers. We strive for frequent and incremental changes, shipping multiple times a day and fostering an open development process.
We foster close collaboration through pair programming and take full ownership of our domain segment, from APIs to UI/UX, analytics, deployment, and monitoring. We support our software with a healthy on-call policy and track important team metrics to ensure valuable outcomes for customers. With a DevOps mindset, we take responsibility for testing, quality assurance, compliance, and security within our teams.
📚 Your Story
- Our ways of working should resonate with you very strongly and you should feel that you can thrive within that environment and bring value through your work
- Being open to learning new tools and using the right tool for the job
- Several years of experience in professional environments and a track record of bringing value there
- Eager to share knowledge and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Demonstrated a degree of leadership skills in previous projects
- Able to identify opportunities and back them up with actionable data
📕 Our Story
At NewStore, we're on a mission to create a seamless, app-based omnichannel experience that will change the game for innovative retail brands. And guess what? We're doing just that, by empowering brands in 40+ countries to run their entire stores on an iPhone, we're paving the way for a brighter future in retail, where shopping is an effortless, enjoyable experience.
At NewStore, our diversity is our greatest strength. Our team comprises over 40 nationalities, fostering a melting pot of unique perspectives, cultural experiences, and innovative ideas.
Join us in our mission to bring the joy back to retail and be part of a team that is breaking down barriers and creating a brighter future.
🔥 Perks and Benefits
- Time off is a priority - with a generous PTO policy and a culture that encourages you to take it, you can enjoy some much-needed R&R
- If you're looking to grow your skills and knowledge, we've got you covered. With a personal development budget and a supportive environment that values learning, you can take your career to new heights.
- Plus, with the option to work fully remote, you have the autonomy to create the work environment that works best for you
- The best part? Our "life-friendly" working hours mean you can have it all - a fulfilling career and a happy life
- And that's not all - as a valued team member, you'll have the opportunity to share in our success with employee stock options and a quarterly bonus based on company goals
If you're ready to join a team where you can bring your A-game, let's talk!