NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
Who we are 🏢
NewStore's mission is to bring joy back to retail by supporting brands to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience for their customers. We enable our retailers to run their stores on iPhones and give the associates the power of doing extraordinary things through cutting-edge technologies.
About the role 🕵️
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer that can design products from conception to market with ease. As a designer, you will be part of a Product Team and contribute to every step of the way: problem definition, discovery, design, implementation, launch, and measuring usage & success. You ensure that the problems we want to solve are the right fit for the business and meet user needs.
Our different Product Teams are responsible for supporting the company in hitting product milestones, maintaining a high bar of user experience, and helping our customers to get the job done.
What you'll do 🚀
- Take the design ownership of different areas of our platform
- Research user needs, observe users behaviors, and communicate the insights
- Work cross-functionally as part of a triad between an Engineering Lead and a Product Manager to deliver the best possible design and experience
- Work through design problems from beginning to end by translating research insights into ideas that form new features (or products) and design workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability and design the fine-grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback and work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Facilitate workshops with a group of people to constructively discover all the needs, requirements, conflicts, edge cases, and other details
- Hold presentations in front of your peers, stakeholders, or customers
- Lead design topics and provide strategies for execution
- Conduct usability testing to identify current gaps and opportunities
- Identify future product opportunities and contribute to the product growth
What we value 🌱
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem-solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
- Experience in interviewing users and analyzing feedback
- Collaborative attitude in ideation and problem framing / solving
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Growth mindset
- Empathy and consciousness
- Analytical and critical thinking
What is in it for you 🤘
- A lovely and supporting UX Team :)
- Remote working environment
- Education Budget
- Flexible working hours
- Team Events
- Phone Package
- Relocation Support
- Full Insurance Packages
- Stock option program
- Offices in Berlin & Boston
We don’t require a portfolio, but we’d love to see one if you have it. We know that keeping a portfolio up to date is not usualy something that is high on your priority list if you not actively looking for a new job.
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
We'd love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org