About the Job
As Data Engineer, you develop fast, accurate, robust and scalable data-processing pipelines in an agile environment. You are also responsible for the deployment, monitoring and operation of our Kafka based streaming platform. Collaborating closely with other teams to improve and enhance the data model and quality will be part of your daily work.
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Design data models and intelligent data structures to support stream processing and application integration
- Contribute to the evolution of our stream processing services and infrastructure
- Evaluate and introduce state-of-the-art technologies and best practices to continually improve our data processing approach
- Coach our engineering teams on data modelling
- Strong skills with data engineering / streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server) and NoSQL data stores (Elasticsearch, DynamoDB)
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills and willingness to discuss data models with business stakeholders
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and transform them into data models
- Strong English communication skills
Other skills and experience we value:
- Programming skills with Scala / Java
- Experience in working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus
- Experience in data science is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS cloud technologies
- Willingness to work in an agile environment
Being successful in ecommerce and traditional brick-and-mortar retail is a challenge for all brands and retailers. NewStore's retail platform turns this challenge into an opportunity. Our intuitive iPhone Apps let store associates provide unprecedented customer service quality, and make online and in-store shopping a joyful experience again. Meanwhile, our Cloud services take care of order shipment, payment processing, real-time inventory management, and business intelligence, just to name a few. Our API-first architecture and expansive ecosystem of partners enables seamless integration into the retailer's application landscape.
We build our platform with a state-of-the art tech stack. For developing our mobile apps, we use React Native and Swift. Our backend consists of Go, Python, and Scala MicroServices, running in a container infrastructure. We store our data is in Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Kafka.
NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered ecommerce at DemandWare (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has engineering teams in Berlin, Boston, Hannover, and Erfurt.
Join us to bring the joy of shopping to a new level!