NewStore is offering the position of a Senior Project Manager. In this role you will be the keyplayer in international project delivery for the NewStore omnichannel cloud. NewStore is looking for an experienced project manager with the ability to steer complex project deliveries coordinating multiple internal and external stakeholders such as: Client Retail Operations, Client IT, Client Store Operations, Customer Experience, External Technology Partners as well as NewStore internal teams such as Solution Engineers and Solution Architects, Product and Engineering, Support, Retail Excellence and Customer Experience Experts, Training.
You will be working closely with all of the mentioned stakeholders, in addition you will maintain a constant contact and exchange with Account Management and the NewStore management team. The role requires an individual with finesse in business situations, an ability to prioritize while meeting client expectations.
You will report to the Director Professional Services. The place of work could be in Boston or NYC with periodic international travel both to headquarters and customer locations.
- As a primary contact point for customers, establish a strong and trusted relationship with customers and meet with them in order to define and articulate business requirements as well as a delivery plan for complex solutions that leverage NewStore, existing ecommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP solutions, etc.
- Work with Retail teams and associates to plan best onboarding and store launch strategy
- Emphasize leveraging of NewStore best practices and methodology throughout the project lifecycle
- Empower and manage team of NewStore Solution Architects and Solution Engineers
- Coordinate NewStore resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage successful transition between sales process and project implementation as well as handover into customer operations after launch
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, develop a detailed project plan to track progress, manage changes in project scope, costs and schedule, measure and report project performance, perform risk assessment and manage / minimize project risks.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- 8 years of Project Management experience, leading and managing complex projects on time, scope, and to customer business budget objectives.
- 3 years of experience managing technical teams and individuals.
- A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as regional/international differences, internal customer motivation, etc.
- Retail, POS and order management industry experience background, working experience in a brand organization as store associate or product merchandiser strongly preferred
- Good understanding of enterprise processes in the Retail Industry
- Relationship building and communication in all levels of an organization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in english, a second language is a plus
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interpret business needs and making them accessible to different target groups
- Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and assertive posture
- University qualifications in a technical field and an MBA or equivalent work experience
- Travel 25-50%
NewStore is an award-winning cloud platform built to accelerate end-to-end omnichannel for brands and retailers. With pre-built connectors into major commerce platforms and intuitive apps for store employees, NewStore delivers the highly personalized and frictionless shopping experience demanded by today’s mobile-first consumers. Retailers have the freedom to choose their own path, beginning with clienteling, endless aisle, mobile point of sale, or omnichannel fulfillment. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who previously invented the first standard software for online shopping and founded Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin.