NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeing an outstanding data scientist to join our Predictive Modeling or Single Cell Genomics teams. Data-driven predictive modeling is one of the key enabling technologies of our research program, allowing us to predict the outcome and prioritize the next round of experiments to guide the design of our therapies.
As a data scientist on our team, you will:
- Coordinate with Epigenetic Editing, Single Cell Genomics, and Predictive Modeling teams to design, analyze, and interpret biological experiments utilizing single-cell multi-omics data.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of primary and secondary analysis software.
- Contribute to the design, decision making, and implementation of NewLimit’s technology platform.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent.
- Expertise analyzing and interpreting multi-omics datasets (e.g. mRNA + ATAC profiling, scCUT&TAG, etc.)
- Expertise in single cell bioinformatics tools (demultiplexing, alignment, quality control analysis).
Nice to have
- Expertise in Python data science tools (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, etc.)
- Fluency with modern cloud computing environments.
- Strong Python programming and Unix workflow management skills.
- Experience with standard molecular biology workflows — cloning, PCR, standard transfection/transduction techniques