NewLimit’s long term mission is to significantly extend human healthspan. To achieve this mission, NewLimit will start by deeply interrogating the biology behind epigenetic reprogramming – discovering novel sets of factors that can partially reprogram specific cell types to younger versions of themselves, thus restoring clinically meaningful function in these cells. This includes building inference computational models that can help enrich the reprogramming factor sets we are testing experimentally.
With this scientific discovery work as a foundation, NewLimit will develop products for age-related diseases, on a path to finding more systemic ways to extend human healthspan. Examples of some cell types we may work on include T cells and hepatocytes. NewLimit is a combination of teams working hands-on across functional genomics, machine learning, and cellular biology.
The Head of Operations will report directly to the Founder & CEO with overall responsibility for business operations ensuring continuous integration with the company’s scientific strategies. This role includes oversight for business development, operations, project planning, finance, legal and BD. Partnering across the organization, the Head of Operations will be responsible for translating the overall strategy into tactical plans to achieve the corporation’s goals and objectives.
- Work with the R&D team to set budgets and goals (OKRs) for the organization. Hold teams accountable.
- Operate the business day to day from a non-science point of view, including lab operations, facilities, legal, finance, HR/recruiting, and BD/partnerships.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent across the company. Create a top notch employee experience.
- Provide regular presentations in various company forums including company and Board of Directors meetings.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of operations experience and project management.
- Experience in the life sciences is preferred, but not strictly required.
- Strong communication skills and analytical ability.
- Hustle and ability to be hands on where necessary.
- Resourceful, strategic and analytical thinker who can help shape the future strategy of the company.
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility with internal and external scientific and business experts.
- Strong scientific orientation—identification with and sensitivity to the research environment and scientific mission.
Features of an ideal candidate
- Willing to personally execute line level tasks as company scales in early years.
- Strategic and analytical, with a real appreciation for the risk/benefit equation of the biotechnology enterprise.
- A team leader and a team builder who leads by example.
- An assertive, driven and hands-on individual who is self- motivated
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) -- 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $150,000 to $240,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.