NewLimit is a biotechnology company working to radically extend human healthspan. We’re developing medicines to treat age-related diseases by reprogramming the epigenome, a new therapeutic mechanism to restore regenerative potential in aged and diseased cells. We leverage functional genomics, pooled perturbation screening, and machine learning models to unravel the biology of epigenetic aging and disease using experiments of unprecedented scale.
NewLimit is seeking a molecular biologist with a background in single cell genomics to join our Single Cell Technology group. Single cell genomics is one of the key enabling technologies for our research program, allowing us to measure the transcriptional and epigenetic state of millions of cells to guide the design of our therapies.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Collaborate with our Epigenetic Editing team to perform large-scale, single cell perturbation experiments with custom chemistries
- Collaborate with our Predictive Modeling team to analyze single cell experiments and improve profiling methods
- Develop multi-modal single cell assays that leverage and improve upon state-of-the-art methods (e.g. mRNA + ATAC profiling, scCUT&TAG, combinatorial indexing methods)
- Perform and analyze single cell genomics experiments leveraging multiple technologies
- Contribute to the design, decision making, and implementation of NewLimit’s technology platform
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genomics, or a related field or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- Experience performing single cell genomics experiments (sample preparation, library preparation, sequencing)
- Working knowledge of single cell bioinformatics tools (demultiplexing, alignment, quality control analysis) — advanced computational skills are not required, we can train you
- Experience with standard molecular biology workflows — cloning, PCR, standard transfection/transduction techniques
Nice to have
- Experience with split-pool based single cell profiling methods
- Experience working with primary cells and tissue samples
- Strong Python programming and Unix workflow management skills
- Experience with epigenetic reprogramming methods
- Experience with single cell screening techniques — Perturb/CROP-seq, sci-Plex, Reprogram-seq, and similar methods
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Industry-leading paid time off (PTO) -- 20 days/year for all employees + holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meals and snacks on-site
Salary Range: $113,000 to $171,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. NewLimit offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, and 20 days of PTO. Learn more at: https://www.newlimit.com/careers *This compensation and benefits information is based on Company's good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.