Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter and e-bike company in Australia and continues to grow rapidly. Neuron partners with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron leads the industry in safety and technology, including developing our own e-scooters which are purpose built for sharing.
Casual Work Expression of Interest
Operations Drivers are our team on the ground driving service vehicles to manage our e-scooter fleet. This includes being in charge of a service vehicle (typically a van, ute or small electric vehicle) and picking up e-scooters across the city and moving them to high demand locations and swapping batteries. As a driver you will sometimes be paired with a ground patroller to support you and sometimes you will work independently. This is a hands-on, high impact role that will suit people who love driving, love physical work and looking for an exciting challenge.
- An open class (unrestricted) Australian Drivers Licence
- You will need to be aged 21 or over to apply for this role
- You will need a suitable smartphone to perform this role (generally an Apple or Android device from 2018 or newer)
- The ability to work at least 30 hours per week (up to 38 hours maximum)
- The ability to regular afternoons, evenings and late nights including on weekends
- Ability to regularly lift, carry and manoeuvre 25-28 kg
- Some experience working as a driver (e.g. courier, Uber, removalist, etc.) is highly desirable, however, not essential
- Someone who is a fast learner and comfortable working with technology, communicating and multitasking
- Someone who is a safe and competent driver and able to be in charge of a vehicle
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Someone who has a great work ethic and willing to be hands on
- Someone who loves providing a great customer experience and is able to help customers with basic questions when on the job
- A team player who works well with others and can handle a high pressure, fast paced environment.
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Apply today and if you look like a great fit we will be in touch with you very soon!