Neuron is the fastest growing micromobility operator in Asia Pacific and the leading shared e-scooter company across Australia and New Zealand. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron has launched an impressive range of firsts, starting the world’s first scooter sharing platform in Singapore in 2016. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters, which are purpose built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them.
Casual Work Expression of Interest
Interested in potentially joining our Melbourne team, but don't see the right permanent position for you? Consider joining our casual staff!
Our casual work opportunities allow you put in work hours at your convenience, even if it's outside "normal" business hours. We offer a variety of different shifts around the clock, including daytime, evening and overnight, on both weekdays and weekends.
Our Casual Roles
- Operations Driver - Our Operations Drivers are our team on the ground driving service vehicles to manage our e-scooter fleet. This includes being in charge of a service vehicle (typically a van, ute or small electric vehicle) and picking up e-scooters across the city and moving them to high demand locations and swapping batteries. As a driver you will sometimes be paired with a ground patroller to support you and sometimes you will work independently. This is a hands-on, high impact role that will suit people who love driving, love physical work and looking for an exciting challenge.
- Warehouse Technician - The warehouse technicians are our e-scooter/e-bikes mechanics responsible for repairing and servicing our fleet. They also run regular quality assurance checks on our e-scooters to ensure they are functioning properly and are safe to be deployed for riding.
- Cargo Bike Rider - As a Cargo Bike Rider you'd be riding an e-cargo bike to swap the batteries on the fleet.
- Flexibility to work regular evenings, nights and/or weekends. Our peak hours are often weekends and evenings, which is when we may require the most manpower support.
- Ideally, the ability to work 20 hours (minimum) to 30 hours (maximum) per week.
- Ability to regularly lift, carry and manoeuvre 28-30 kg.
- For an Operations Driver, a valid drivers licence is required.
- For a Warehouse Technician, some mechanical repair and/or technical troubleshooting experience is highly preferred.
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude.
- Passion for delivering a seamless customer experience.
- Any further experience in mobility, transportation, logistics, etc. is advantageous.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team! Please apply below and our Brisbane team will contact you if/when there is a suitable opportunity available.
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.