The role in a nutshell
In the role of Strategic Account Manager (Tech) you will own the strategic relationship with a portfolio of UNiDAYS’ Tech partners - consisting of prestigious consumer brands and retailers, while working in the Tech vertical pod alongside a Customer Success Manager. You will act as a UNiDAYS product sales consultant, leveraging our core products/objectives to develop and sell effective Student specific go-to-market strategies for our existing premium/enterprise level partner portfolio (PD). You will create long term strategic roadmaps to continually drive high performance for the pod portfolio.
As new long term partners are introduced to the network via the New Business Manager (NBM), then through the CSM the partner will be transitioned over to the SAM. This is a quota holding/sales role and is commissioned on overall pod revenue target.
Day to day responsibilities
- Lead the account planning cycle, working alongside the CSM, ensuring Partners’ needs and expectations are met
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key Partner stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all UNiDAYS activities are closely aligned with the Partner's business case and business strategy
- Generate revenue towards a defined quarterly quota established for revenue earned from advertising solutions, and our product suites based on their book of business.
- Work cohesively with the Customer Success Manager to uncover partner needs and tie those needs to our specific set of products
- Consistently exceed/achieve campaign sales goals based on building big scale, globally ambitious plans with the appropriate ROI
- Be a product level expert and sounding board for questions around how to position our products appropriately to our existing partners
- Develop and present In-person product pitches
- Spend in excess of 50% of your time with partners
- Act as an online advertising expert and evangelist for UNiDAYS promoted products.
- Provide deep knowledge and insight to our internal teams in order to drive creative and long term improvements to our platform offering.
- Have a deep understanding and excitement for how to connect and market to Gen Z/Students.
What we need from you
- A deep understanding of the online advertising industry with a focus on the tools and technologies that enable ad serving, insights/surveying, philanthropic marketing, and retail/in-store experience.
- Proven direct sales experience in digital media with a strong foundation in technology, or in technology sales.
- Experience selling to C-levels and VP’s that hold brand and advertising budgets.
- Experience with partner/agency/alliance management, business development and negotiations
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships
- Proven experience in successfully building and growing advertising sales revenue
- Able to develop comprehensive forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisational capabilities
- French & German language skills would be desirable.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company equity scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.