At UNiDAYS our overarching purpose and vision as an organisation, is to support, enable and inspire young people to become their best selves. We strive towards this vision, by pursuing our mission, to give students the power to make every experience more valuable and rewarding.
Since launching in 2011 we have blitz-scaled to 114 countries worldwide through our market leading and category defining Student Affinity Platform - connecting 13m verified University students with over 800 global and national brands.
Through leading edge proprietary enrollment verification technology, enterprise solutions, closed network marketing channels and world class team we are a multi-award winning tech scale-up.
With offices in London, Sydney, New York and Nottingham and yet to raise external funding we are on a pathway to creating an enduring consumer internet platform connecting organisation and brands with this uniquely valuable audience at global scale.
We take a long-term view and are in the nascent stages of our growth trajectory so looking for a superstar General Manager for our crucial Australia and New Zealand markets to lead our strategy and go-to-market to increase distribution and usage of UNiDAYS.
The gen Z college and university student
Organisations grow from winning and retaining customers and we believe that securing student customers and creating life-time advocates is the best way for brands to win in the long-term. Millions of new students become financially independent every single year, spending more than $417bn in the US alone.
Generation Z is hard to reach. This new generation has turned traditional media upside down. They don’t watch TV, read their news on social media, and block ads any chance they get. Traditional marketing doesn’t work with them - but UNiDAYS has the solution.
UNiDAYS offers unprecedented access to the student market for relevant brands and services across the world. Through a full suite of solutions including targeted advertising, student verification, custom content, research, polling & insights, and high intending audiences, UNiDAYS will position brands to our growing community, all the time aligning the members values with the organisation’s.
The ANZ General Manager is focused on key regional components of UNiDAYS success: Strategy, P&L, Business Development and People. The ANZ GM works across departments to develop the ANZ regional strategy and budget aligned with the global objectives. Globally, the GM supports business development by using regional and local market insights to support the growth of UNiDAYS and creating long-term value from members, partners, markets and relationships. Externally through business development, media and other market activities, the GM represents the business to the people of the region, including students, brands and organisations, media, vendors, candidates and employees.
Strategy and P&L
Our corporate strategy is developed centrally, and it’s the job of the GM to make sure the regional go-to-market strategy delivers against company goals, whilst leveraging our advantages within the ANZ market. The GM works closely with the organisation’s Heads of Strategy, Propositions, Data, Finance and Operations to develop the strategy and P&L, and then coordinates and supports the initiatives to execute against this strategy.
In addition to owning a region and local markets within, the GM is a key stakeholder in and contributor to Business Development supporting the global growth objectives. Business Development looks at the creation of long-term value across the wider business, including initiatives and activities to improve the current as well as future organisation. These include new market development, product and category development, investment opportunities, strategic (non commercial) partnerships with Universities and M&A, among other areas.
The GM leads the local Commercial, Marketing and People team. The People team includes general HR, local compliance, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and employee relations in order to drive employee satisfaction, retention and career development following our published company Culture & Values. The GM supports local departmental leaders and the global organisation in all things People as well as being primarily responsible for the local office experience and facilities.
Partners and Media
As the market representative, the GM supports the Commercial teams in their C-level partner and agency relationships and the Marketing teams in regional PR, media opportunities, events and thought leadership campaigns.
In addition you will
- Ensure local strategy and budget delivers to the regional forecast and aligns with the company strategy and objectives
- Communicate strategy and results to the regional and local employees
- Coordinate key initiatives across local teams and supporting corporate teams
- Own, support and drive global and regional business development initiatives
- Stay in touch with the local market, deriving insights that drive strategy
- Oversee the local forecast, budget and growth investments
- Represent the business to regional partners, press, industry influencers and agencies
- Deliver regional growth and profitability
- Experience leading teams in high-growth marketing space
- Experience with consultative selling and managing large complex projects
- Emotional and intellectual intelligence
- Intellectual curiosity
- Business acumen
- Business development acumen
- Ability to drive a profitable business
- Excellent client relationship knowledge
- Notable and acknowledged leadership qualities and rapport with GMs and Senior Management Team
- Operational success owning budget, P&L and facilities responsibilities
- Demonstrated high level relationship development with clients, partners and suppliers
- Communications expertise speaking at industry events, panels and press activities
- Proven expertise in building teams, hiring, retaining and growing exceptional talent
- Global or global region experience a plus