The role in a nutshell
In-House Legal Counsel to provide reliable, accurate and commercially focused legal advice to the wider business.
At UNiDAYS, we move quickly and thoughtfully to address a variety of legal issues that come with being disrupters on the market. Our team is made of exceptionally bright professionals who work collaboratively and seek to deliver results and solve difficult problems.
In this role, you will work in the UK while reporting to our Global General Counsel (based in New York City). Your primary responsibility will be to provide critical drafting, research, and advice on a wide range of EMEA legal issues including partner agreements, procurement, advertising agreements, employment and data privacy across all of the jurisdictions in which UNiDAYS operates.
Day to day responsibilities
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including strategic partnerships, third party agreements, service agreements, data processing agreements, and marketing agreements;
- Work closely with commercial colleagues on ad hoc queries, including researching and investigating specific legal matters;
- Develop and maintain various standard agreements (NDAs, DPAs, partner agreements, etc);
- Assist with GDPR related assignments such as legal research, data protection impact assessments and other queries, as well as other data focussed projects requiring knowledge of data privacy and data protection related laws across our areas of operation;
- Review marketing materials to ensure that the business is in compliance with legal requirements;
- Stay up to date on relevant areas of the law, including privacy, advertising, territorial expansion, partnerships and employment matters across organisational and geographical boundaries;
- Be a subject matter expert and work alongside management on contract status, legal risks and the legal liabilities associated with different deals;
What we need from you
- Qualified Solicitor/Lawyer in the UK, with 4+ years PQE in a leading law firm.
- Strong corporate/commercial background and/or demonstrable data experience.
- IAPP or similar accreditations may be advantageous.
- Very organised and have good time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience with employment law in any of our territories is a plus (UK, Australia, USA)
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Tram to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, tea & coffee
- LOTS OF CAKE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.