We're looking for an extremely high-caliber Staff Engineer who has extensive experience leading the build out of large, scalable systems. This position will not have direct reports but we need someone who has been a leader if for no other reason then they're one of the best Engineers at their company.
- On a daily basis develop complex algorithms to solve business needs (e.g. how to match a customer to the best possible partner given the strict criteria of both.)
- Mentor and guide others on the team
- Work hand-in-hand with the business side on the best way to solve problems (one day you could be improving the performance of the customer experience, the next you might be developing functionality that provides complex analytics for the business.)
- Leverage the latest technologies (Mongo, Redis, Kafka, etc) to build enterprise-wide, scalable systems
- 6+ yrs. of professional software engineering exp.
- Computer Science or closely related degree
- Outside of work you use different technologies to build stuff for fun
- At work you code 70%+ of the time
- Currently a Tech Lead, by appointment or because all of your peers go to you for answers
- A true expert in the programming language(s) of your choice
- Strong design sense at the code and system levels.Your architecture easily scales
- Chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech – Our DevOps team includes a member who literally wrote the book on Ansible and IT Automation and our staff also includes a resident IoT expert with IMDB credit to his name.
- Unique entrepreneurial environment. We’re a start-up company in a publicly traded suit Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of millions of consumers. The work we do here matters.
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans…whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take. (of course your manager's approval is needed before you take off on that family vacation.)
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
This is an opportunity for full-time employment. Please no third parties or Corp to Corp.