We're looking for an extremely high-caliber Staff Engineer who has extensive experience leading the build out of large, scalable systems. This position will not have direct reports but we need someone who has been a leader if for no other reason then they're one of the best Engineers at their company.
- On a daily basis develop complex algorithms to solve business needs (e.g. how to match a customer to the best possible partner given the strict criteria of both.)
- Mentor and guide others on the team
- Work hand-in-hand with the business side on the best way to solve problems (one day you could be improving the performance of the customer experience, the next you might be developing functionality that provides complex analytics for the business.)
- Leverage the latest technologies (Mongo, Redis, Kafka, etc) to build enterprise-wide, scalable systems
- 6+ yrs. of professional software engineering exp.
- Computer Science or closely related degree
- Outside of work you use different technologies to build stuff for fun
- At work you code 70%+ of the time
- Currently a Tech Lead, by appointment or because all of your peers go to you for answers
- A true expert in the programming language(s) of your choice
- Strong design sense at the code and system levels.Your architecture easily scales
- Chance to work with top Software Engineers with a focus for all things tech – Our DevOps team includes a member who literally wrote the book on Ansible and IT Automation and our staff also includes a resident IoT expert with IMDB credit to his name.
- Unique entrepreneurial environment. We’re a start-up company in a publicly traded suit Read: we have a lot of fun and can afford the grown-up toys.
- We’re making a real difference in the financial lives of millions of consumers. The work we do here matters.
- Dress code – we don’t have one. (Flip flops, shorts, jeans…whatever.)
- We don't even keep track of how many paid vacation days you take. (of course your manager's approval is needed before you take off on that family vacation.)
LendingTree was founded in 1996 by CEO Doug Lebda to help people comparison shop and get a great deal on the single biggest transaction of their lives: their mortgage. Since then, we’ve facilitated over 65 million loan requests, while becoming a household name (our brand recognition rivals Bank of America and Wells Fargo). Today we do much more than mortgages. We are the #1 online marketplace in the US for consumers to comparison shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards, student loans, auto loans and insurance. We have established relationships with millions of customers who engage with us through our My LendingTree portal, giving them access to free credit scores and money saving alerts. We are on a mission to help consumers save money and better their lives.
We’re publicly traded (TREE), we’re financially sound and we’re in the top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies. If you’re looking for an opportunity with a dynamic company that is fanatically pro-consumer and that champions your entrepreneurial spirit, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our clothes are casual and relaxed, and our work ethic is highly professional. It is our culture for each team member to challenge the status quo, express their opinions, and to stand up, ask for the ball and run with it to meet our ambitious goals. We also have a lot of fun together. We’re always looking for the best, brightest, high energy Rock Stars to join our team. We reward innovation, creativity and the ability to just GET STUFF DONE.
This is an opportunity for full-time employment. Please no third parties or Corp to Corp.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.