We are looking for a versatile writer with solid reporting chops who can tackle credit card subject matter with enthusiasm, accuracy and curiosity.
- Staff writers will write original blog posts as well as update/refresh existing posts, covering a wide range of credit card topics — including credit card reviews, credit card comparisons, credit and debt related topics, basic credit card evergreens, monthly best-of roundups, story refreshes and breaking credit card news.
- The writer’s work will be primarily featured on LendingTree subsidiaries CompareCards and MagnifyMoney, and ValuePenguin.
- 2-5 years professional experience in journalism or content marketing, with a preference for those with a background in credit card/personal finance reporting.
- The writer will be encouraged to write stories driven by our internal SEO/keyword research as well as pitch their own ideas for original stories.
- Must turn in clean copy that doesn’t require extensive edits and changes.
- Must rigorously source articles.
- Must be easy to work with and take edits well, as we take the quality of our work very seriously.
- Must be organized, meet deadlines, and approach hard work with creativity and a positive outlook.
- This position will be based in Charlotte or New York City.
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.