LearnUpon is looking for an Account Development Representative to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
The ADRs are working with insights from various systems to identify opportunities and execute campaigns to find customers who will be a great fit for LearnUpon. This means that an ADR must be able to determine if our product is a good fit for a potential customer's requirements. If there is a “mutual fit”, an ADR’s objective is to move that prospect into our sales pipeline by scheduling a live demonstration of LearnUpon.
What will I be doing?
- Identify opportunities from within our CRM.
- Execute campaigns using our Marketing Automation Tool.
- Play an active role in developing, altering and improving processes for the Sales team and the company as a whole.
- Build sales pipeline in direct collaboration with digital and field marketing campaigns
- Follow up on campaign inquiries and provide detailed feedback on the viability of each campaign to digital and field marketing stakeholders
- Identify and understand the business requirements of our future customers in order to determine if LearnUpon can meet their needs.
- Be extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in every interaction with potential customers.
- Scheduling and taking responsibility for all initial discovery calls and arranging live demonstrations where appropriate.
- Understanding the features and functionality of our robust LMS and be able to convey its value to potential customers.
- Maintaining a clean and accurate record of account information within a CRM system.
- Come up with your own suggestions on how we can rule the LMS world.
What skills do I need?
- A demonstrated passion for data driven account development.
- Self-motivation, energy, high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with change in a rapidly growing organisation are a must.
- Must be comfortable working with others and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills; you must be comfortable engaging with a variety of different people, identifying their needs, conveying our value, handling any objections and collecting the vital information that allows us to perform at our best.
- Must be open to receiving constructive criticism (feedback) and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results.
- Demonstrate good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions.
- Enjoys the challenge of delivering monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. Above everything it is important to be willing to apply yourself and hungry to learn. We invest in training our employees and you can learn a lot from our talented team, it is not necessary to know everything when applying for this position, but you must have the ambition to get there.
Not required but considered a big plus
- 1-2 years software or enterprise selling a plus.
- A business studies or technology qualification.
- Experience using SalesForce and/or Marketo.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events (annual trip to Dublin).
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 22 days annual leave.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to an onsite interview.
- Finally, candidates will have a practical interview and meeting with our CEO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.